FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Payment options
We accept VISA, Mastercard and direct deposit. We do not accept cheques. Orders can be placed online or via phone +61 7 5351 1400.
2. Domestic shipping
AUSTRALIA WIDE SHIPPING
Australian orders $185.00 and over ship for FREE! or $18.00 express mail.
Orders from 0 up to $7.99 ship regular mail for $5.00 or $18.00 express mail.
Orders 8.00 up to $49.99 ship regular mail for $12.00 or $18.00 express mail.
Orders from $50.00 up to $184.99 ship regular mail for $14.00 or $18.00 express mail.
Orders are shipped using a variety of couriers including Couriers Please, Fastways, TNT and Australian Post
- Regular Couriers delivers within 4-14 business days but not guaranteed.
- Express Couriers delivers within 1-4 business days depending where you are located within Australia. Western Australia can take up to 7 days. We typically ship orders the same day if placed before 11am AEST and all orders within 24 business hours.
- Orders placed on a weekend or holiday will be shipped the next business day. Please note that Express freight is for the freight component, not the processing component
- During sale events this may not always be possible.
3. International shipping
New ZEALAND SHIPPING
- New Zealand capped at $65.00
- Orders below $50 ship regular mail for $25.00 or $35.00 with tracking.
- Orders $50-$100 ship regular mail for $35.00 or $45.00 with tracking.
- Orders $100-$200 ship regular mail for $45.00 or $55.00 with tracking.
- Orders $200 or more ship regular mail for $55.00 or $65.00 with tracking.
UNITED STATES SHIPPING (48 contiguous states only)
- U.S. orders over $150.00 ship for FREE! for items available from our USA Office.
- Orders under $150 are capped at $10.00 regular mail for items available from our USA Office.
- PLEASE NOTE: Items such as Block of the Months, fabric, kits and some notions which are not available from our US Office will not be available at the United States shipping rate. Freight will be charged according to the ‘Rest of the World’ shipping rates. You will need to select USA from the 'shipping country' dropdown box in any of these items and an extra $30.00 will be added to your cart ontop of the $10.00 regular mail which totals $40.00. See the 'REST OF THE WORLD SHIPPING' rates.
- 25 Days of Christmas is not available from our US Office and therefore 'Rest of the World' shipping rates apply.
REST OF THE WORLD SHIPPING
- Rest of the World capped at $70.00
- Orders below $100 ship regular mail for $40.00 or $50.00 with tracking.
- Orders $100-$200 ship regular mail for $50.00 or $60.00 with tracking.
- Orders $200 or more ship regular mail for $60.00 or $70.00 with tracking.
- Any customs/taxes or duties are the responsibility of the customer. We cannot control whether a package is delayed and/or charged duties and taxes by the customs office in any international country. All prices are in AUD and we are not responsible for any exchange rate differences.
4. BOM & Fabric Clubs
BOM & FABRIC CLUBS
- ALL BOM & FABRIC CLUB ORDERS ARE SHIPPED FROM OUR AUSTRALIAN STORE.
- START DATE: Each Club start dates vary and will run for different lengths of time. Each of these are listed in the respective product items.
- PRE ORDERS: If you have pre-ordered a Block of the Month of Fabric club along with other products, please advise our team if you would like to hold all items until the 1st month is shipped or if you would like to have all items shipped now and have your Block of the Month or Fabric Club Month 1 shipped at the start date of the program. Leave a comment with your order when you checkout.
- SHIPPING: If you are an international customer, shipping will be charged based on the ‘Rest of the World’ freight costs and will be shipped from our Australian office. Unfortunately we are unable to supply any of our Block of the Months or Clubs from our U.S. office.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS: Any orders including Block of the Mont or Fabric Clubs require credit card payment. We do not accept Direct Deposit or COD. 1st Month will not be charged to your credit card until the Fabric Club begins.
- By signing up to one or more of our Block of the Month programs or Fabric Club you agree for your credit card to be charged each month for the cost of the program plus postage.
- Cancellations will only be accepted in special circumstances and we reserve the right to refuse any cancellation requests. Where a cancellation is approved a cancellation fee equal to two month's charge will be debited to your credit card.
5. Return Policies
We wish all of our customers to be 100% satisfied. We have a 14-day return policy on items you are not satisfied with. Refunds will be issued once items are returned to us. Refunds will not be given for shipping & handling charges. Sale items may not be returned. Due to copyright laws, patterns and books may not be returned. We require that all returns must be in original condition and packaging. We reserve the right to refuse any returns due to returns received outside of our 14-day return policy, damage, smoke or animal odour. Block of the Month of Fabric club membership fees are non-refundable.
6. About Us
Busyfingers Tapestries was founded by Sue’s father many years ago and the name was handed over to Sue in the early 90’s. Sue's love of Patchwork transformed that business into a quilting business and Patchwork with Busyfingers was born. Sue’s passion for Patchwork began in 1980 when she was expecting her first child. She made one quilt a year for 3 years. After her third child was born Sue decided she could get a little more serious now that she had a girl. Obsessive is probably the best way to describe it now, with most of her days being filled with designing, teaching & mentoring across Australia and all over the world.
Sue began teaching mostly up and down the East coast of Australia, starting in NSW on the Central Coast and then moving to Victoria, where she spent 4 years teaching almost full time. Sue's business began while living in Victoria and it has gone from strength to strength.
Sue and her family (6 in total) then moved to a small property in a beautiful part of the country called Eumundi in the Noosa Hinterland. She started the business as a mail order business through local magazines, she then took it online and was cutting, packing & shipping right out of her own home. The team began to grow and this is where she found some time to write her first book "It's a Hexagon kind of Christmas" which was launched at the end of 2003.
English paper piecing is an age old art and although Sue didn’t invent this technique she sure has made it much easier. Her paper & template business was the first in Australia and is now servicing the entire world. Sue then introduced the Glue Pen method to the industry and this notion single handedly changed the entire technique. With a little help from Charlotte at Sewline we were able to turn a world of machine pieces around and show them that it’s not just about the sewing machine, we can enjoy both techniques together.
She finished her second book Hexagons from the Guest House at the beginning of 2004 and her third booklet called Playing with Paper followed in late 2004, fourth book A Road Less Traveled was published in 2009, fifth book New English Paper Piecing in late 2011 and her most recent Raspberry Parlour in 2015. She now has 9 Playing with Paper booklets covering all different English paper piecing shapes & techniques.
In 2005 Sue and her husband purchased a beautiful, private 3 acre property. They landscaped the gardens, added several ponds, a dam and fountains and together with a seasonal creek, this all lays in front of a lush green mountain backdrop, away from the hustle and bustle of the real world.
2010 was an amazing year for Sue seeing her win "The Sunshine Coast Business award" for Export.
Sue was asked to design fabric for Riley Blake Designs in October of 2011 and now with her 11th collection ‘Linen & Lawn’ releasing worldwide in July 2017.
She continues to teach worldwide as her passion for the industry grows mentoring young designers and shop owners.
As a growing team now with an office based in the U.S we continue to branch out into new fabric collections, exclusive BOM & fabric clubs, kits, English paper piecing shapes & techniques.
7. Loyalty Program
What are Quilter’s Credits?
- Earn Quilter’s Credit simply by purchasing anything in our online store.
- Redeem Quilter’s Credits on any item in our online store excluding all postage costs.
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent, Every 100 points equals $5 credit.
- Points will be accrued on $ value of products purchased and you will need to be logged in to accrue points.
- Points do not expire so you can use them now or save them up for something special.
How do you earn Quilter’s Credits?
- Every item will earn you 5% of the purchase price in Quilter’s Credits, points are awarded once your order has been finalised, paid & shipped.
- Bonus points can be earned on special occasions. This means you will earn your regular 5% plus additional Quilter’s Credit.
- We may run promotions where you will be eligible to earn additional Quilter’s Credits simply by writing a review, having a birthday or even referring a friend.
- Bonus points may be available for newsletter subscribers so be sure to sign up to our newsletter via our home page.
Just a few restrictions.
- No Quilter’s Credits are accrued on postage, nor can they be used to pay postage.
- Quilter’s Credits are not redeemable for cash.
- Quilter’s Credits are nontransferable.
- You must be logged in to accrue Quilter’s Credits.
- Although you will accrue Quilters Credit on your initial order when you sign up for a BOM or fabric club, you won't accrue them on the following months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Needles should I use for English Paper Piecing?
- We use a Sue Daley Milliners needle. These are available in 5 sizes. 9, 10, 11, 12 & 15. The higher the number the longer & finer the needle. All needles have a large gold eye. We recommend the size 11 or 15 however if you struggle to thread your needle try a size 10 as the eye is slightly larger.
What Thread should I use for English Paper Piecing?
- We recommend using Superior Bottomline Thread which is a polyester thread. it is fine & strong which is required when english paper piecing as we are constantly running the thread across the top of the card which weakens the thread.
What do I do if i'm struggling to thread my needle?
- We always recommend that you thread your needle over something white.
- Our needles have been tested with the Sewline Needle threader.
- Try either a size 10 or 9 which both have slightly larger eyes than size 11, 12 & 15.
How do I remove my papers and what do I do if i'm struggling to remove them?
- When you have finished your work take it to the ironing board and press. You can start removing your papers as you go or at the end of your work. We recommend doing this as you go as it isn't such a big job at the end and it makes it easier to handle your work when you don't have so many papers to handle too. In most cases if you are struggling to pull the fabric away from your pre-cut shapes too much glue has been used. We recommend using the side of the glue pen when gluing your shapes and also keeping the line of glue in from the edge to avoid the build-up of glue along the edge of the shape.
- If in the case you have used too much glue then simply use a steam iron to loosen your glue and the fabric will pull away easily. We do also recommend using the glue pen with the Sue Daley brand of papers as the papers have a silk coating which we use with the glue pen to make it easier to pull your fabric away from your card.
- Sue Daley has many fantastic tutorial that we recommend you watching if you haven’t already. Click HERE! to view the top 10 tips to English Paper Piecing.